Friday, August 12, 2011

Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes

 
I love when people take desserts that are usually meant to be made into cakes or pies and create a cupcake version. Tiramisu, chocolate cream pie, banana cream pie, and the list goes on and on.

For a chubby guy like me it is nice to have desserts in cupcake form. The smaller version keeps me from eating an entire cake or pie. Seriously. Don’t act like you have never thought of it.

Cupcakes are something close to heaven. Small, quick, and personal size; each one has its owns distinctive beauty. Who doesn’t love them?

I know the cupcake trend has been dying a slow death but I am going to chain myself to the doors of the bakery and hope it never goes away. I love you cupcakes. I even wrote a song about you…


Okay maybe not.

Here is a cupcake version of Pineapple Upside Down Cake… Fun, right?

More after the jump…




This recipe is from one of my all time favorites, Cupcakes Take over the World by Isa Chandra-Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.

Since I have posted one or two of the recipes from this book, I don’t want to rip them off! I encourage you to buy the book. It has so many wonderful recipes, tips, and lovely cupcake photos. It is pretty much a must have for any cupcake lover.

I made these for Mom-in-law when she was visiting. She was a huge fan. She even tried to smuggle some home on the plane home to Georgia. They are just the perfect mix of gooey and moist (hate that word) to make for a wonderful cupcake.

As a special note, these are even better when they are chilled and enjoyed the next day. This gives the jelly topping some time to come together a bit more.

D-E-L-I-S-H

1 comment:

  1. That's a very delicious cupcake flavor because I love fruits! I just can't eat too much of it because my Sevierville dentist told me I could get cavities if I eat too much sweets.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...