Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Sad Day in the Burgh

Vegan Mostess (my favorite)
While I was on vacation last week, one of my favorite Pittsburgh institutions closed its doors.

Dozen Bake Shop has been serving up lovely cupcakes and baked goods over the past several years, staring out as a little place in Squirrel Hill and expanding to a number of store fronts around the city. For whatever reason, they abruptly announced their closing last week.

I have posted about Dozen before; they were an excellent place for a 3:00 cupcake fix. They were one of the few places that offered vegan cupcakes (and awesome molasses cookies) daily and year round in Pittsburgh. It was such a shame to see them go. *tear*

I have visited many other awesome bakeries and cafés that serve delightful vegan baked goods, but Dozen will always old a special place in my heart.

This song pretty much sums up my feelings.


Do you have a favorite vegan dessert place? Comment and tell me about it! Maybe I can add it to my "must visit" list...


2 comments:

  1. wow thank goodness i just got my vegan cupcake fix in there a couple weeks ago...still, weaksauce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont have a huge sweet tooth so i dont visit dessert places often.. but im sorry to hear they shut their doors :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...