Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just Because

Friends = Love

I am so thankful for good friends in my life. I think it is a blessing so many of us take for granted. I talk to some of my out of town friends at least once a day; sometimes more. One of them is the animal lover pictured above. I am one of those rare people who still have close friends from high school (and before).

It’s a good thing.

I think friends keep us all grounded. There is something about each of us that doesn’t mind when our friends (or in some cases family) tell us we are being an ass because we know they do it out of love.

I read a quote once that said, “A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.” It was something like that. Or as Dionne Warwick says, “that’s what friends are for.”

I had a great conversation with a really good friend this morning and it just reminded me about how important our friendships are. Then, during my morning Facebook scroll I saw a friends picture that sort of hit home.
Love
Best picture ever…

Friendships, to me, are so important. They go far beyond human interaction. My dogs are my friends. My dogs are probably my best friends. They are my family. They drive me crazy and get on my nerves more than anyone, but I love them more than anything. That's what love is and thats what friends are for. 

If they threw a party, the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say, "thank you for being a friend." (5 points if you get that reference)

Add all of this to the, "Reasons I am Vegan" list. Animals are my friends, and never my food.

So take a minute to hug a friend today or tell them you appreciate them, whoever they are. They will appreciate it. 

My best friends are waiting for me to come home...and waiting for their hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...