Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chubby Vegans Get Sick

*Achoo*
*sniffle*
*Snort*

I hate being sick… It is the worst. I like to live in a dream world and just think that my awesome vegan immune system rocks and I never get sick. Truth be told, I really don’t get sick that often. But when I do, I am kind of a baby.

I admit it and embrace it.

I want to be nurtured and cared for. I want to lay in bed with my dogs and eat ice cream; preferably Trader Joe’s Cherry Chip. So that is my world today. I am sick and feel gross. Wah! *stomping feet*

So instead of posting an awesome new recipe I am posting an inspirational video today. When the world is cold, if you are sick, if you are lonely, or if you just need some inspiration it always helps to know that there are good people out there who can make it better.

Introducing Iowan Zach Wahls…. Zach is the son of two women who spoke up to the Iowa legislature today in favor of gay marriage. His words are eloquent and strong. He represents the voice of a strong future. He makes me proud of his GAY parents for raising such an amazing kid.



And that, friends, makes me feel better!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you chose to post this. People need to see this video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and really nice blog... nice to see a fellow gay Pittsburgh blogger... you two make a nice couple :)

    D@vid
    anothermilemarker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks D@vid! Great to see your blog too! Appreciate your kind words. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...