Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Margarita Cupcakes


Oh hello blog… It’s me, Chubby. Sorry, I have been away.

Here is a recap…
  1. My elderly dog, Nana Bear, has been really sick. She has cancer and we thought we were going to lose her. Luckily she pulled through and is now acting like she has never heard the word cancer. YAY!
  2. I had a quick (and unexpected) trip to NYC- my happy place.
  3. Upon my return, one of my other dogs (Buddy) decided he felt left out. He hurt his back and was screaming more than I ever heard a dog scream in my life. Emergency trip to the ER Vet, lots of drugs and money later; now my house is a dog hospital.

Sigh...

All of this makes me want to drink. Yep, drink. Since it is summer, I feel it is only fitting to drink my favorite summer beverage- a frozen margarita.

Alas, my blender is in the shop. So, we will have the next best thing: a margarita cupcake!

Oh man these are good. You know how some “drink desserts” are just a little off. Not these babies… They are just the perfect mix of summer and fun to make you want to eat every last one. The recipe is from my go-to vegan goddess, Isa Chandra Moskowitz.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. They are L-O-V-E-L-Y.

Info after the jump…


Since I took this recipe from a book (Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World) I am not going to direct copy it here. Really, this book is amazing and I encourage everyone to buy it.

There are other people who have put it online, so I am not stopping you from using Google University to find it from someone else. However, since I hope to one day meet and hug Isa, I don't want her to punch me in the face for posting all of her gold online for free. <smile>

Raise a glass cupcake! Who wants some margarita?

5 comments:

  1. That book is gold! I made the strawberry tall cakes (variation of the vanilla cupcakes) yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your other pup starts to feel better!

    Love, love, LOVE that book! I wish I could reach into the screen and grab one of those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book is totally my "go-to" for unique dessert ideas. I have the cookie book too but have only made the Peanut Butter Pillows; which are pure gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I'm so thankful Nana pulled through and is doing better! YAY Mamma Biscuit is sending her pug kisses. On another note, these cupcakes look fantastic....hell gay pride is over, I think I can blow my diet now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I just stumbled upon your blog from another one! I have to say I love your writing and humor, esp the hospital post (i am a nurse and I see funny stuff like that every day. its truly hilarious and i feel like no one understands how funny it is) If you had a follower button I would follow it. Feel free to stop by my blog and check it out! http://www.michelezader.blogspot.com nice to "meet" you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...