Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Potato = Joy


Everyone has a list of foods they just love more than anything. There are probably to many for me to list, but I will say that potatoes have a special place in my heart. Probably right next to asparagus and avocado. 

*vegetable love*

Potatoes are one of those things you can do just about anything with. Remember in Forrest Gump when Bubba talked about the 8 million things you can do with shrimp- just replace shrimp with potato and there you go!

When i lived in Georgia, potato soup was a big deal menu item in many different restaurants. Sadly, most of it was filled with bacon and loaded with dairy and cream. No gracias! For whatever reason I never made a vegan version... until today!

Thanks to a SUPER easy recipe from the Fat Free Vegan Kitchen, a new vegan potato soup recipe is now a part of my life. The recipe tells you to use a vitamix blender or a regular blender, but I used an immersion blender (stick blender) right in the pot and it worked out really well. 

Not my picture... but pretty darn close!
This takes like 20-25 minutes tops, from beginning to end. Its potato. Its creamy. Its low fat. It's delicious! DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...